Inspired by Period Living

 Back in the 1990's I attended a textile workshop and I started to work on an embroidery of the houses we have owned.

I then enrolled on a 4 year City and Guilds Creative Textile course and the houses were packed away safely.

During lockdown, various unfinished projects have been worked on. 

Last year  the magazine, Period Living ran a feature on 'House Portrait Challenge', showing shortlisted works of art.

It reminded me of my unfinished houses but at the time I was busy with other projects. This year I finally got them out and started work.



Here are  photos of our first home in Twyford near Reading.







The Twyford House was our first proper home.




The embroidery of the Twyford house was practically completed and just needed to be mounted. I am a bit of a hoarder and luckily still had maps of the time, some  that were given by estate agents and normal maps. This turned out to be a perfect background and I was also able to mark the position of the house on the map.




Here is the mess in my studio as I worked on the Fareham house.






photo of Fareham house











I mounted the Fareham house on a local map once I had completed the front door.


I am very pleased with the results. I now have to start work on our current beautiful Edwardian House!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments